Find our Current Opportunities below:
Senior Solicitor/Associate - Family Law
We have an excellent opportunity for a family lawyer to join our expanding family law team. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years PQE, including extensive experience in family law. Full time and part time applicants will be considered. The post is Edinburgh based.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about family law and wants to work in a friendly, supportive, professional environment. Candidates will possess a desire to actively contribute to the success and development of our forward thinking, proactive family law team. They will be confident in working independently and running their own caseload, but also be willing to work with other members of the team on larger or more complex cases.
- Excellent technical skills, along with the confidence and ability to lead cases at an appropriate level;
- Excellent client relationship skills. This includes delivery to agreed standards and co-ordination of services for clients;
- Proactive and a self-starter, as well as an excellent team player with the ability to train and motivate other members of the team where appropriate;
- Possess excellent business acumen, with an ability to initiate and follow up on new business leads in order to aid business development plans;
- The ability to effectively plan and manage a high and varied workload;
- The ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships both with internal and external parties;
- The ability to contribute to financial success by meeting (and exceeding where appropriate) agreed targets set out in the business plan.
Duties & Responsibilities
It is envisaged that the jobholder will handle a wide range of privately funded family law cases, including financial provision on divorce, child law, cohabitation and the preparation of prenuptial, postnuptial and cohabitation agreements
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Advising on the legal consequences of marriage and civil partnership, aliment and financial provision on divorce and dissolution.
- Advising on divorce and dissolution.
- Advising on private child law including disputes about residence, contact and other s11 orders.
- Taking instructions on behalf of clients and acting on these in an appropriate and timely manner, drafting documents, representing clients in court and in negotiations;
- Providing advice on the available dispute resolution options and supporting clients in accessing those services.
- Working closely with other solicitors in the firm so as to provide a coherent cross-departmental service.
- Supervising and assisting the department’s junior solicitors, trainee solicitors, interns and work experience students.
- Supporting marketing and business development projects.
A competitive salary and benefits package is offered. If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a full CV stating current remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gillespie Macandrew LLP is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and demonstrating that we value the diversity of our workforce.
Solicitor/Senior Solicitor - Dispute Resolution
We have an excellent opportunity for a Solicitor or Senior Solicitor to join our expanding Dispute Resolution team.
The successful candidate will become involved in a broad range of civil dispute resolution work including property litigation, commercial litigation, debt recovery, housing, contract disputes, trust and executry disputes, professional negligence and judicial review.
Applications are invited from candidates with 0-9 years PQE. The position is full-time and based in Edinburgh. Part-time applications will be considered.
Candidates will possess a desire to actively contribute to the development of our successful and forward-thinking team. They will be confident in working independently and running their own caseload, but also be willing and able to work with other members of the team on larger or more complex cases. They will contribute to the financial success of the team and the firm by meeting agreed targets. Candidates will be expected to have experience of contributing to business development and marketing strategies.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career in a professional and rewarding environment. A competitive salary and benefits package is offered. If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a full CV stating current remuneration to Recruitment@gillespiemacandrew.co.uk
Closing date for applications is Friday 6th April 2018.
Gillespie Macandrew LLP is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and demonstrating that they value the diversity of their workforce.