Whether you are a developer, contractor or a professional, cash flow is key to the success of any construction project. Our legal advice is centred on this premise.
Our experienced construction lawyers provide advice from start to finish of construction projects. During the planning and design phase we will help to get the right contracts in place - site acquisition, finance, corporate structuring.
The team will also provide you with practical and pragmatic advice during the time critical construction phase and in the event of any disputes they will seek to facilitate early and cost-effective resolutions - with minimal disruption to the project.
We can provide you with:
- Assistance in completing standard form building and engineering contracts
- Advice on company formation and share structure
- Bespoke terms and conditions of business and specification of works
- Review and revision of terms of collateral warranties and guarantees
- Assisted negotiation to resolve claims and disputes
Following a development's successful completion we can also help you to:
- Develop marketing campaigns for sales of residential and business property
- Help you to sell residential, commercial and land plots
- Sell your property through Hunters Residential Estate Agency
- Invest your hard-earned profits
We act for developers, main contractors, sub-contractors, architects and surveyors in drafting and negotiating building contracts, professional appointments and collateral warranties.
We also handle defect and warranty claims, claims arising from repudiation and termination of contracts, professional negligence and dilapidations claims.
Where disputes do arise and cannot be resolved through negotiation, our team has extensive experience of arbitration and adjudication, as well as formal litigation in the Court of Session and other commercial courts, to provide you with all the legal guidance and representation you require.