Solicitor/Senior Solicitor – Energy and Strategic Land
Gillespie Macandrew LLP has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Solicitor to join their established and ambitious Energy and Strategic Land team.
The successful candidate will carry out commercial property and related work on transactions and projects in an efficient, responsive and accurate manner to further develop the firm’s energy and strategic land practice, whilst meeting the expectations of the client at all times.
Previous experience in energy or strategic land is preferred but not essential where candidates have a proven background in rural and/or commercial property transactions. Experience of Sasine and voluntary registration processes is preferred.
The Energy and Strategic Land Team
This team has an excellent track record in project managing a range of legal and other professional skills required to deliver large energy, infrastructure and strategic land projects often co-ordinating our colleagues and external inputs on planning, construction, environment, regulatory issues, rural and crofting tenure, corporate M&A support, banking and finance, and including various sector driven commercial and trading contracts relating to such developments.
Our culture of cross team and cross skill working with clients in partnership and of affording client contact and responsibility at all levels of experience makes this a rewarding environment to join.
Opportunities to develop other sector related skills and to experience secondment posts arise regularly for suitable candidates.
The team deals with development and acquisition of energy projects onshore and offshore ranging from small scale to over 4GW capacity and with promotion and development of strategic mixed-use developments ranging from small niche residential developments through to 5000-unit new town developments.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the role will vary depending on the level of experience of the candidate, however the key responsibilities of the role may include:
- To deliver legal advice and services in energy and property law – including renewables and electricity, environment and planning, strategic land and complex title examination, due diligence and related conveyancing, leases and other land rights and options;
- Drafting and negotiating contracts, offers, options, leases, securities and ranking agreements for solar. wind and battery storage projects
- Provide support on project management and maintenance of records and advice as required in larger energy or land projects including the non-contentious side of commercial and project contracts, and other related matters;
- To develop and maintain relationships on behalf of the firm with existing clients and contacts of the firm and to achieve repeat business for the Firm. This includes delivery to agreed standards and co-ordination of services for clients;
- Conducting research into technical energy and commercial property matters and related issues;
- To support marketing and business development projects where required
- Advice on LBTT, and having an understanding of substantial performance.
The role requires a highly motivated, pro-active and commercially minded individual with excellent technical skills and a strong client focussed approach. You will be ambitious and a confident team player with the ability to lead transactions at an appropriate level and to plan and manage a high and varied workload. Candidates will be expected to have experience of contributing to business development and marketing strategies.
We welcome applications from individuals with a minimum of 2 years’ post‑qualifying property experience, although candidates with different levels of experience will also be considered. We would also be very interested to hear from dual qualified solicitors.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career in a professional and rewarding environment. A competitive salary and benefits package is offered.
Gillespie Macandrew LLP is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and demonstrating that they value the diversity of their workforce.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a full CV stating current remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the following link if you wish to view our privacy notice in line with 2018 GDPR legislation: https://www.gillespiemacandrew.co.uk/privacy-notice/
Please note that all applicants’ information will be held by the Firm for the purpose in which it was collected. All applications will be deleted following a period of six months, unless applicants request otherwise.