Our summer placement programme is aimed at law students who are currently in their 3rd year at university or 1st year of the accelerated LLB and looking to secure a traineeship commencing in 2020.
Running for a period of 4-6 weeks over July/August 2018, our placements will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
You’ll be allocated to a specific team throughout the duration of your placement allowing you to fully immerse yourself into live client projects. Don’t worry though as all of our students are assigned a “buddy” for day to day support as well as a mentor to assign your tasks.
There will be opportunities in many of the following teams:
- Land & Rural Business
- Private Client
- Energy, Strategic Land & Natural Resources
- Commercial Property
- Residential Property
If you’re successful in gaining a place on our summer placement programme and decide to apply for a traineeship with us, you’ll be guaranteed to get through to the 1st stage of our traineeship recruitment process which will be taking place in October 2018.
Life as a Summer Student
View more information on our summer students below:
Come meet us
We attend university law fairs throughout the year. If you’d like to find out more about our traineeship opportunities come along and speak to us at the following fairs:
- University of Dundee Legal Recruitment Fair- Monday 17th September 2018
- University of Edinburgh Law Fair - Wednesday 26th September 2018
- University of Glasgow Law Fair - Tuesday 2nd October 2018
Alternatively, if you’re unable to attend either of the above please contact the HR team on 0131 260 7589 to discuss our opportunities.
How to Apply
The application process for our summer placement commencing in 2018 is now closed.
The application process for our summer placement commencing in July/August 2019 will open in January 2019.
There are two stages to our recruitment process:
- Complete an application form
- Presentation & Interview - if your application is successful you’ll be ask to present on a topic specified in advance and attend an individual interview with one of our solicitors and HR.