Partner and Head of Charities
With over 15 years’ experience, Lianne is well versed in advising individuals and charities on a breath of issues that may affect them.
Known for being very approachable and providing accessible and practical advice, Lianne enjoys the problem-solving aspect of her role and helps individuals and charities alike to put in place the legal requirements that will help them achieve their goals.
While advising individuals Lianne, helps with a wide range of personal, legal and tax issues including wills, Powers of Attorney, Guardianships and asset protection, she has a special interest in advising post retirement clients and has a wealth of practical, as well as legal knowledge in relation to care fee planning and the operation of Powers of Attorney.
On the charity side, Lianne advises on a range of governance and structure matters including set ups, reorganisations, amalgamations and cross border issues. Her approach in keeping matters simple but effective has proved successful for her clients.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Charities and Third Sector
- Powers of Attorney and Guardianships
- Executry Administration
- Continue to advise Poppy Scotland on matters in relation to intellectual property, charity law, employment law and all other legal matters.
- Acted as lead counsel to Johnson and Johnson Foundation Scotland in connection with a significant cross border funds investment. Learn more
- Acts as agents for the Erskine of Torrie Institution and completed all administration.
- Assisted the Incorporation of Goldsmiths of the City of Edinburgh with carving out charitable activity and transferring those operations to the Scottish Goldsmith’s Trust.
- Assisting with the amalgamation of two military charities - the Black Watch Association and the Black Watch Museum.
- Advised the Agnes Hunter’s Trust on incorporation including setting up a SCIO, transferring significant assets to a new organisation and on the wind up of the existing trust.
- Advised The Rainbow Boxes Foundation on the creation of a new charitable body providing much-needed support to hospital patients suffering from the restrictions imposed due to Covid-19. Learn more
- Advised North Berwick Trust Limited in updating the charity to one which is now fit for purpose with various policies in place in order to ensure that it can operate effectively.
- Advised The Brooke Hospital for Animals on their growth into Scotland on the need for registration with OSCR and helped them through the process resulting in a smooth registration.
She is friendly, good to deal with and always a pleasure to interact with.
Chambers & Partners
Recent News & Insights by Lianne
08 December 2022 | Time to read: 6 mins
New Charities Bill published by Scottish Government
By Lianne Lodge
The Charities Bill has been published, but what are the real implications for the Scottish sector, and will the Government's...
24 October 2022 | Time to read: 4 mins
Charities may need to look at how they operate to cope with the cost-of-living crisis
By Lianne Lodge
We are all aware of the cost-of-living crisis and how that is affecting us as individuals, but it also has...
23 June 2022 | Time to read: 2 mins
Gillespie Macandrew supports Figures of Speech event as part of Scotland’s Year of Stories 2022
By Lianne Lodge
Leading Scottish law firm, Gillespie Macandrew announces its support for a literary event celebrating friendship as part of Scotland’s Year...