Fiona CameronPartner, Dispute Resolution
Fiona is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution team.
She manages a broad civil litigation practice and has a particular interest in property litigation and employment disputes. She is a strong proponent of alternative dispute resolution.
Fiona’s work in property litigation involves her in the Sheriff Court, Court of Session and Scottish Land Court cases. She also regularly advises on non-contentious matters for our rural and commercial property clients. Her experience to date includes advising on appeals, repossession (for private and commercial clients), servitude and boundary disputes, judicial review of planning decisions and agricultural law and subsidy.
In the employment sphere, Fiona advises employee and employer clients on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious matters including restructures, TUPE, unfair dismissal, discrimination, stress at work, health and safety and settlement agreements. She advises and represents clients in ACAS (the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) and Employment Tribunal proceedings.
- Judicial Review of local authority planning consent - Outer House and Inner House.
- Defence of a claim for reduction of missives as a result of alleged misrepresentation.
- Pursuit of a damages claim for alleged failure to provide goods of satisfactory quality.
- Advising on the employment aspects of the buyout of a large surveying firm.
- Advising in the review and restructure of a large estate owner’s staff base.
Memberships and Accreditations
Fiona is a Law Society of Scotland mentor, a co-chair of the Young Mediators’ Group and a member of the firm’s CSR committee.