Partner, Banking and Finance
Ross is an experienced Banking and Finance lawyer whose practice has a particular focus on Real Estate and Development Finance. He advises both borrower and lender clients in arranging and managing debt finance transactions and collaborates with both them and their other advisors to deliver results.
Ross regularly advises borrowers across the SME sector in connection with development finance, real estate finance, leveraged acquisition finance and bridging transactions. In addition to acting for a number of UK Clearing Banks, he has particular expertise in the field of P2P and alternative lending and a proven track record in advising Alternative Lender clients in relation to both the loan and collateralisation aspects of dealings with Scottish borrowers.
Ross regularly assists as local counsel to UK and international firms on the Scots law aspects of cross border lending matters. To date Ross has advised on matters involving jurisdictions in Europe, Asia and South America.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Acted as lead counsel to Johnson and Johnson Foundation Scotland in connection with a significant cross border funds investment. Learn more
- Advised Wire Oast Limited, an SPV established by Avignon Capital, on the acquisition of the portfolio of two supermarkets in the West Retail Park in Milngavie and on Byres Road in the west end of Glasgow. Learn more
- Assisted AMA (Tor 1) Limited with the purchase of property with complex deferred consideration terms, secured planning for development of luxury apartments and townhouses and then refinanced the key development asset in central Edinburgh.
- Acted for Majestic (Belford) Limited in their refinance of a key development asset in central Edinburgh.
- Assisted major UK Housebuilder on Scots law aspects of £200m refinance of syndicated facility (LMA)
- Acted as Scots counsel to European IT Firm on financing of a £56m acquisition of UK competitor
- Assisted as Scots counsel to national haulage firm on £25m Receivables Finance Facility
- Advised shareholder bloc on debt aspects of PE backed £30m partial demerger of a Renewables Joint Venture Co
Ross MacRae was a pleasure to work with, I found him incredibly diligent and willing to go the extra mile to get the transaction over the line.
Recent News & Insights by Ross
23 June 2023 | Time to read: 3 mins
New Finance Opportunities on the Horizon? – Statutory Pledge and the Moveable Transactions (Scotland) Act 2023
Ross MacRae and Thomas Anderson discuss the introduction of a new form of security available to lenders, namely the statutory...