We provide comprehensive multidisciplinary legal advice to developers, utilities, landowners, communities and funders on energy projects and developments. Our experienced team is currently advising on some of the most complex and significant energy projects in the UK and our expertise includes:
- Grid connection and support mechanisms
- Planning and Environment including habitat plans
- Land Options & Leases
- Land tenure, voluntary registration and right to buy issues
- Portfolio acquisition, M&A and repowering projects (click here for a case study featuring our work securing a portfolio of windfarms on behalf of EDF)
- Corporate structures for the project.
- Commercial contracts, including PPAs, construction and engineering documentation
- Financial arrangements- both recourse and non recourse funding
- Resolving disputes including Judicial Review
- Virtual data rooms and due diligence
- Regulatory advice and consultation submissions (if you are looking for advice on energy, water or waste regimes, click here for details of our experience in this area and who to contact at the firm).
We provide specialist legal advice and project management on renewables including onshore, islands and onshore schemes. Our team has experience of advising on schemes across the UK which involve:
- Anaerobic Digestion (AD)
- Combined Heat & Power (CHP)
Our expertise includes advising at conception, planning, funding, stakeholder engagement and we can field crofting and rural tenure experts to support these critical phases including resumptions and section19A schemes. We can help navigate all legal, planning and regulatory aspects of renewable schemes and our track record includes managing large scale national projects as well as community schemes.
Projects and infrastructure
We have an excellent track record of delivering stand alone and complex projects in a highly responsive and efficient way, working with client teams and sector interests, co-ordinating multi skills all under one roof and coordinated through a primary contact.
Trading, supply chain and M&A
We act for both power generators and intensive energy and natural resources users. We are well-versed in the regulatory and planning impacts on these businesses and use this to help sectors and their supply chains, advising on trading contracts, due diligence and portfolio acquisitions.
News and insights
Many Scottish landowners have sought to add value to unproductive land through afforestation, although what planning is required?
Our Energy sector team comprises over 30 lawyers who offer exceptional multidisciplinary expertise in the delivery of your project. Get in touch with one of our team to find out how we can help you.All team
Contact the Energy team
Please provide a few details about your enquiry in this form and someone in our energy team will get back to you as soon as they can.
They are strong on land and crofting law, compulsory purchase orders and other land-related issues.
The Legal 500