We understand the industry and, more importantly, understand the specific needs of housebuilder and construction businesses.
We don't just give technical legal advice and leave it to you to make a decision. Instead we provide the robust legal opinions and practical solutions that will help enable you to make the right choices, and ultimately allow you to get on with what you do best: running the business and managing projects.
We offer advice and guidance on a range of issues including:
- Negotiation and delivery of strategic land and option agreements
- Land for immediate development
- Major land acquisitions
- Infrastructure requirements
- Professional team appointments
- Packaging of sites for multi-outlet disposals and land swaps
We can also provide you with support in the production of documentation for development including:
- Deeds of Conditions
- Service wayleaves
- Planning agreements
- Plot conveyancing
- Shared equity
- Affordable housing disposals
In terms of construction law, if you’re a developer, main contractor, sub contractor, architect or surveyor, we can provide support in drafting and negotiating building contracts, professional appointments and collateral warranties.
We’ll translate or remove the legalese and help you handle:
- Defect and warranty claims
- Claims arising from repudiation and termination of contracts
- Professional negligence
- Dilapidations claims
If a dispute arises that can’t be resolved through negotiation, we have extensive experience of arbitration and adjudication, as well as formal litigation in the Court of Session and other commercial courts to provide you with all of the legal guidance and representation you need.